Asparagus, Biltong and Pomegranate Salad with Lime Mayo
150g baby butter lettuce leaves, washed
200g asparagus spears
100g pomegranate rubies
150g feta cheese, cubed
80g Freshly Sliced J&M Farmstyle Biltong
50g flaked almonds, lightly toasted
for the mayo:
½ cup tangy mayo
2 limes, zest and juice
½ teaspoon sumac
- Trim about 2 cm off the bottom of the asparagus spears. Cook them for 3 minutes in a pot of
salted, boiling water. Take the asparagus from the boiling water and dunk them into iced
water to cool down completely. Drain and set aside.
- In a dry frying pan on a medium heat, lightly toast the flaked almonds until golden in colour.
Remove from the heat and allow to cool.
- To make the mayo: Mix together the grated zest of the lime, the juice, the mayonnaise and
the sumac and season with a little salt and pepper.
- To make the salad: Lay the lettuce leaves in a flat bowl and top with the asparagus spears,
feta cheese and flaked almonds. Sprinkle the sliced biltong and pomegranate rubies over the
top. Serve with the lime mayo in a bowl on the side.
- Add a little cubed avo too, if you like it.