Biltong Bruschetta with Blue Cheese and Onion Marmalade
1 French loaf
¼ cup olive oil
Salt and pepper
1 cup cream cheese
1 clove garlic, crushed
Juice of half a lemon
150g blue cheese
2 tablespoons chopped chives (optional)
125g onion marmalade
180g J&M Sliced Biltong
Micro Herbs and pickled onion for garnish
- Preheat the oven to 180C.
- Slice the french loaf into thin slices and lay flat on a baking sheet.
- Brush each slice of bread with the olive oil and season with salt and pepper.
- Bake the bread in the oven for 10 – 15 minutes until it is golden brown and toasted.
- While the bread is toasting, mix together the cream cheese, garlic, lemon, blue cheese and the chives if you would like to add them. Season the mix with a little salt and pepper.
- Once the bread is toasted, allow it to cool.
- Spread each toast with a teaspoon of the blue cheese mix.
- Top with half a teaspoon of onion marmalade.
- Finally, top with a slice of J&M moist Famous Biltong and garnish with micro herbs and a slice of pickled onion.
- Place the “bruschetta” on a platter and serve to friends.