Hummus with spicy biltong chickpeas and dukkah
Serves 6 as a dip
300g Hummus (Store bought is fine)
2 tablespoons Extra Virgin olive oil
1 red onion, peeled and finely chopped
1 clove garlic
1 teaspoon ground cumin
1 teaspoon ground coriander
½ teaspoon turmeric
½ teaspoon smoked paprika
1 teaspoon dried thyme
2 tablespoons biltong powder
1 can (400g) chickpeas, drained
Salt and Pepper
3 tablespoons Dukkah
a handful of chopped Italian parsley (optional)
Extra Virgin olive oil for drizzling
- Heat the olive oil in a frying pan and fry the chopped onions and garlic until soft.
- Add the spices and fry for a further 30 seconds.
- Stir the drained chickpeas into the fried onion and spices in the pan and fry for 2 minutes add the biltong powder and the dried thyme. Season with salt and pepper and stir in the chopped parsley.
- Place the hummus in a bowl and top with the fried chickpeas.
- Sprinkle the Dukkah over the top and drizzle with a bit of olive oil.
- Served with crunchy breadsticks or fresh bread.