Quick Biltong and Cheese Loaf
Makes 1 loaf
500g self-raising flour
1 heaped teaspoon salt
1 cup grated cheddar cheese
2 tablespoons chopped parsley or 2 teaspoons dried parsley
1 teaspoon ground black pepper
½ teaspoon smoked paprika
60g J&M Sliced Original Biltong
2 cups buttermilk
- Preheat the oven to 200C.
- Grease a small loaf tin with spray and cook.
- Place all the dry ingredients, cheese, biltong, herbs, and spices into a mixing bowl.
- In another mixing bowl, whisk together the egg and the buttermilk.
- Combine the wet and dry ingredients until the form a firm dough.
- Place the dough in the greased load tin.
- Top the dough with a little extra grated cheese.
- Place in the preheated oven and bake for 1 hour.
- Allow to cool slightly and eat warm with fresh butter.
Try some freshly sliced biltong on your buttered bread, it’s delicious!